If you want to know how to export contacts from Salesforce, it can be done with the help of Salesforce for creating an import file for export wizards.
It is important for you to include contact ID, account ID, solution ID, object ID or lead ID value for every respective record in the report. These ID fields are different and unique Salesforce identifiers that are used for matching your data accurately with the existing Salesforce records. If you want to create an import file with the help of these ID fields, the first task is to export the data from Salesforce. Then Run an account, solution, lead, object or custom object report in Salesforce which includes the ID field respectively and export it to Excel.
If you want to export the contacts into Excel, then you have to combine the exported reports into one single comma separated values or CSV value file. You should also be sure that all ID field values are in one column. You have to use tab or delimiter if the commas are not placed appropriately. You will also have to rename contact ID /rename ID to the record ID. You have to log in to the Salesforce and then click setup.
Then expand data management and click on data export. Click schedule export or export now as these options will prepare your files to be exported immediately. If a week has passed since the last export, then only this option will be available. This schedule export option also allows you to schedule export process for monthly or weekly intervals. Then you have to click on start export for exporting the contacts. You can also add a column named status and enter campaign member status for every lead or contact. You should always remember that Salesforce record IDs is very case sensitive as it should not be change manually for importing the file.
How to export contacts from Salesforce
1. Log into your Salesforce account
2. Click on reports tab on the top of the menu
3. For exporting accounts, you have to click on active accounts link
4. For exporting contacts, you have to click on mailing list link
- Select your report type first, then select tabular report and then click next
- Select report columns and then select the column that you need to export and then click next.
- Select the information that you want to summarize and click next
- Order to the report columns and click next
- Select the report criteria, then under the start date, select a date that is far from the past which includes you’re every account. You can also export subset of the accounts with the use of more advanced criteria. After completing it click run report.
After this, a report will be automatically generated and the pages will be able to display the report generation status that will be completed. After this click the option export to Excel.
On export report for the export file format, you have to choose comma delimited and click export. After this a dialog box will instantly pop up for saving the export file to the computer. You will see one CSV spreadsheet for every type of data that you select and this is the way of how to export contacts from Salesforce. Related information can be found on how to create a report in salesforce page.