However, when thinking how to use salesforce Excel Connector, businesses can save a lot of time because the tool allows them to effectively manage their entire Salesforce data while using Excel. The Excel connector for Salesforce becomes indispensable when it comes to mass updates, data cleaning and many other valuable functions within the excel spreadsheet. It also works perfectly when it comes to analyzing or manipulating data within a single table. However, you will need the Microsoft Excel program installed in your computer and download and install the Ms-Office Extension as well as the Excel Connector Add-in files.
Before you begin using the Salesforce Excel connector, there are a few things to keep in mind that will help you as the user, along the way. Knowing these things will help boost efficiency when using. They are as follows:
bout the Salesforce Excel Connector
- It is paramount that the user always remember their password and their security token just like in any other Salesforce program
- The user has to send the updates first before new updates are done to Salesforce
- The user should never change every object’s primary key
- Using query filters will allow them to restrict the data only to what you have to edit, whenever you have an influx of many records
- In case you ever make a change and fail to update, you still have the option to backtrack by simply selecting the particular row and then selecting the option, ‘Query Selected Rows’
Obtain Your Vital Security TokenEvery time you try to access Salesforce when you are out of the usual login (which simply means outside your company’s secure and trusted networks), you will have to have a security token which you will use and one that is specific to your usual login. You will have to memorize the security token and have it referenced in your password so that you can successfully connect and avoid any unauthorized access.
Why and How To Use Salesforce Excel Connector EasilyAfter you have completed the installation for the extension and the add-in successfully, you will then see the Sforce Connector option right at the Add-ins tab. In order begin, simply select the SForce connector which will bring a drop-down menu. Select the “sForce table Query Wizard”on the drop-down menu.
How to use salesforce In case you haven’t logged in to your Salesforce system, you will receive a prompt to log in first. You will then use the token and login information that you always use for Salesforce the moment the time comes when you intend to query.
Logging in Using The Security Token
- You will have to insert your username specifically the one for Salesforce in the indicated field
- You will then enter the password, the same one you use for Salesforce and immediately follow it up with the token right inside the password field
- The server URL will then default as expected for you
- Simply click login and then log into your Salesforce instance.
- Querying Your Salesforce Data
- After you have logged into the Wizard, it will automatically lead you through the steps required to import data right from your Salesforce instance
- Indicate where you need to put the data resulting from the query in the spreadsheet
- Select the table that contains the data that needs analyzing then click next
- Again Select the fields that contain the data that needs analyzing and then click next
You can add the conditions that you need as you filter the data before it gets back to Excel. After you are through then click the “Run Query” optionAn example if you needed to see the successful births this year1. Simply select a birth date from the “Select a Field” which will have a drop-down
2. Select the “greater than” option from the drop –down, specifically “set operator”
3. Insert the last day of last year into the “Enter Value box”
4. Click the “Add to Query” option
The data is usually queried right from Salesforce and then imported into Excel. The time it will take for this to be complete is entirely dependent on how big the data is. After the data is restored you can simply use it the same way you would any other Excel data for analyzing and making pivot tables, the charts and so on.
The excel connector remains a powerful tool that has been continuously used in updating data in the Salesforce instance. This is very convenient for businesses because they can save time when it comes to these hectic data-updating tasks.
It also allows the business to be well organized and to merge data from simple data spreadsheets like excel into a more secure and reliable system. This guarantees the safety of crucial business data which is very important in today’s world when any security weakness can be taken advantage of by malicious individuals.
There is nothing as effective as using the excel connector with your salesforce system. There is perfect synchronization of data between these two entirely different data applications.
For business owners who have no clue about using the excel connector in their salesforce ,system having a knowledgeable professional helping them is advisable. For those who are Salesforce enthusiasts and would love to learn firsthand, they can visit the Salesforce website and learn more about using the excel connector through very helpful Salesforce training videos.
No business wants confusion when it comes to data management, which is why business owners will go to great lengths to learn how to use salesforce, new methods and adopt new systems that will allow organized data management, that will allow data to be accessible by all relevant departments within the organization. The Salesforce Excel Connector has taken data management a step further and offered businesses exactly what they need. There are many other elements to talk about; but the above is an insight with this respect.