All businesses always have good customer relationship as the highest priority. Salesforce helps business to attend to clients and customers in a professional way by providing technical solutions. If you are a business owner and you use Salesforce as your primary controller of business operation, it’s time to learn how to add fields in Salesforce and the Salesforce tips and tricks to improve your customer relations.
The Benefits of Using Custom Fields in Salesforce
Handling a customer’s request is one of the most sensitive and tricky tasks for a business. If a business is unable to handle a customer request with care, it risks losing all its customers to other competitors. Do not let customer data challenge you, if you understand how to add fields in Salesforce, you will be amazed with the number of solutions it will provide for your business.
1. One of the benefits of using custom fields in salesforce is the ability to create a basic sale process. Depending on the size of your business or organization, trained employees can know the path it takes for a deal to succeed.
2. Salesforce fields can help to keep all company employees on the same page- The sales manager, CEO and sales representative can be on the same page of the whole sale process.
3. Salesforce fields helps to keep the salesperson structured- With custom fields; sales representatives can customize their own paths to ensure every sales processes works perfectly.
How to Add Fields in Salesforce
If you want to learn how to add fields in Salesforce in a way that it captures all your organization data, follow these steps:
1.Once you determine the type of field you want to create or add to Salesforce, navigate to its appropriate object.
2. Use these guide to navigate to the field
-For external-objects go to setup and click on “Develop>>External objects” and then choose one of the external-object from the list.
-For Custom-settings, go to the setup menu and click on “Develop>>Custom Settings” and then click on one of the names in the custom setting.
-For Custom-objects go to the setup menu and click on the “create” icon button navigate to Objects and choose one of the custom-objects in the provided list.
-For standard-objects, go to the setup menu and click on “customize” choose one of the appropriate abject from the list and then click on field.
3. Once you done one of the above process, choose the type of field you want to add and then click next
4. If you any relationship field created in your Salesforce, remember to associate it with your new field.
5. In the next page of your settings, enter the field attributes and tick on the appropriate check boxes to specify that the field must be populated.
6. In master detail relationships for custom-objects, choose “Allow Reparenting” in order to allow a child-record for the master-detail relationship.
7. Click next to continue with the process.
8. In the next part of creating your field, choose the page-layouts that you would like to be displayed.
9. After you are done, click on the “save” icon to finish. If you wish to create more custom fields click on “save & New” icon instead.
With the above simple Salesforce tips to follow, learning how to add fields in Salesforce cannot be a challenge to you anymore. Most people who ask themselves what is Salesforce find it a bit hard to use it for their business or organization. If you want to consult with the Salesforce help desk, you will find it easy to use Salesforce for your business.