One of the reasons why salesforce is the leading CRM tool is the ability to configure and customize it. Although this is interesting ad leads to various efficiencies, it still presents various challenges among users. Most people want to know how to customize Salesforce easily and while the information can be found in the several Salesforce tips and tricks available online, some are quite ambiguous to understand. Nonetheless, here is a brief section of how you can achieve the feat with minimal effort.
Why You Should Learn How to Customize Salesforce
The greatest advantage of using Salesforce CRM is its customizability. However, it is less often about how you want to customize the Salesforce but rather what you want to achieve through customization. From most Salesforce tutorials and posts, users want to achieve two main things from customization which include the following;
1. Supporting your sales team to sell better through heightened focus, keeping a vigilant eye on the next steps, remembering all customer deals, getting all the necessary information needed to complete sales.
2. Gather all the data needed to gain market insights about competition, customers and metrics from sales-funnel. While inputting data is crucial, it should not overshadow the main goal which is to sell more.
Customizing salesforce is therefore important in that it increases efficiency and also enables your sales people to gather insights that can be used to influence your business towards the right direction.
How to Customize Salesforce
Before you begin customization, you should learn how to check Salesforce edition because not all editions support customization. You will need to have a business account or Enterprise/developer/unlimited personal account. When researching how to customize Salesforce, consider the following:
1. List a couple of data that you really need – who are your competitors? Ask yourself why people buy or fail to buy your product. Who are your consumers and what is the size and industry like? How do you meet them and what opportunities do they present? Update this information every week
2. Assist your sales people to use tasks that plan for the next step and remember customers. Send them reports whenever they forget clients and use extensions like Tout (Yesware) or Powerdialer to auto log emails.
3. Integrate mix-panel to the salesforce and auto-log when customers have used your products reporting all complaints. This will be easier if you are a SaaS company
4. C. If you can (easier if you are a SAAS company) auto-log when customers use your
5. Avail reports with stalling opportunities, new leads, churning customers and agreements that are soon to expire.
Learning how to customize Salesforce is quite tricky. You must take caution not to disorganize your environment. The best way is to take a holistic approach choosing the box features whenever possible and using simple techniques without over-engineering your salesforce.
Learning how to customize Salesforce is simple and does not require much technical knowledge. Start by looking at what salesforce has to offer and its tools then examine your data and processes. Start with simple changes and implementations that do not require complexity. You can then build on that and proceed to workflows and lead assignment rules, specifying web-to-lead settings and customizing your reporting. What’s most important is to know the targets you want to achieve before beginning customization.