Being organized is important in doing just about everything, but having organized contacts in Salesforce will provide you with an easier time using the program.
Learning how to merge contacts in Salesforce will allow you to be able to locate the contacts quickly. It will be efficient to your business. It is inevitable to get duplicate entries when entering contacts. This is what you will need to merge so that you have one record for one person.
Also, maintaining order will enable you to locate the contacts quickly, making your job more efficient. Since it is quite common to get duplicate entries when entering contacts, you will need to merge them, so that you have one record per person.
Now, how is this done? Keep on reading.
Step-by-step instructions on how to merge contacts in Salesforce:
Merging contacts in Salesforce is a lot simpler than it looks. Click on the “Merge my contacts” tool, which is located on the screen with your account details. This will allow you to merge contacts that are from the same person.
The “Merge my contact” tool, will give you a list of duplicate records, making it significantly easier to choose the fields that you want to use, and omit the ones that you do not want to merge. Below is a step-by-step breakdown as to how to merge contacts in Salesforce:
- Open the account home screen and then go to your account and edit the details. Now you should scroll down to be able to view the records that are in your contacts. Select the duplicate records that you would like to merge.
- Once you have the contacts merged, click on “merge contacts” located on the contacts section, in order to gain access to the “Merge my contacts” tool. This tool will make it easier to locate the duplicate records that you would like to merge. This option will give you the complete list of all the duplicate records.
- Next, check the boxes that that have the records you would like to merge. This tool will allow you to merge two or more records at a time.
- Once you have checked all the boxes that you need, click “next.” The next screen that will open will say “Select the values to retain.” The first contact that you choose will appear on the left, while the duplicate records will appear on the right side of your screen. Then, just click on the radio button, which is located in front of every field.
- The final step to merge contacts in Salesforce, After you are done going through the aforementioned steps, click “merge”. You will see a warning that will show you that it will not be possible to undo the merge. Click “OK” on this warning to proceed with merging contacts in Salesforce records. The records will be merged according to what you previously selected.
The process of making changes cannot be reversed under any circumstances, so make sure the changes you’d like to make are final. This should only take you a few minutes, but use this feature slowly, with caution, so as not to rush and potentially make a mistake in the process. Merge away!
Learn more about merging contacts in Salesforce here.