Salesforce continues to be the most recommended CRM tool in the market and this is backed by various obvious reasons. It is easy to learn and use and can be implemented by different businesses to attain a diverse set of goals. There are many salesforce basics you can learn and the salesforce help desk also provides numerous insights and additional assistance. However, other skills that allow you to maximize the potential of this CRM package require Salesforce training.
Activities such as dimensioning Salesforce integration patterns cannot be achieved by anyone unless they have some in-depth skills on using the package. Nonetheless, most activities can be learnt as salesforce offers a unique but simple user friendly interface that involves clicking and selecting from integrated options.
Here is a detailed overview of integration patterns in salesforce and a list of some top patterns used in businesses:
What are Integration Patterns?
Salesforce is a popular CRM and when used properly can help your business capture and serve leads, increase sales and customer loyalty among other things. However, how can you maximize its potential to streamline your business and offer competent service solutions? This is only possible through integration. You will be required to integrate salesforce with other CRMs, databases, ERP (enterprise resource planning) tools and custom applications. This enables you to empower your sales team, serve customers better and achieve a desirable level of efficiency. When considering salesforce integration needs, patterns emerge.
There are many integration challenges and Salesforce integration patterns are used to solve these milestones. In basic definition, these patterns are simply logical sequence steps used to solve various integration problems derived from real world practices and observations.
Top Salesforce Integration Patterns
As aforementioned, there are many salesforce integration patterns used in solving different challenges. While some patterns are complex sequences only used by large establishments, others are basic and prevalent across all enterprises. Some of the top integration patterns used by modern businesses include the following;
• Request and reply integration pattern (real time) – This is a very simple integration pattern used in salesforce. It involves salesforce invoking processes in remote systems and waiting for these processes to complete before tracking the state based on incoming data from the remote systems. It is important to understand the differences in handling inbound and outbound communications in real time. The core API handles most inbound calls and salesforce also limits total API calls executable per day. Request and reply integration pattern is a remote process provocation.
• Fire and forget integration pattern – This is another remote process provocation pattern where salesforce involves a process in a remote system. However, it does not wait for the process to complete. Rather, the remote system receives the process and acknowledges it before handing back complete control to salesforce.
• Batch/bulk integration patterns – There are various patterns used under batch integrations and synchronization. As the name suggests batch involves moving large numbers of data in and out of salesforce. This is often prevalent in the initial stages where you need to set up different databases and add fields. There are many requirements in handing large amounts of data. Synchronization for instance is a major challenge that must be addressed. This often requires professionals with profound knowledge about salesforce integration patterns and APEX codes. Batch data synchronization is one common integration pattern used when updates to and/or from Force.com are to be made on external databases. Updates made to external databases or to Force.com are usually done in batch manner.
• Remote call-in patterns – This is another popular integration pattern required when remote systems are used to manipulate data stored in Force.com. It allows remote systems to retrieve, edit, update or delete data saved in Force.com. This is perfect when implementing solutions for employees who work away from the work place or specifying data that your customers can change or edit without compromising your records.
• UI changes integration pattern – When you access different parts of any application program, you will see a different user interface that enables you to access features within that page. This integration pattern simply works in the same way. It recognizes changes in salesforce data and thus changes the user interface to suite their activities.
There are many other integration patterns used in salesforce. If you have problems with a given pattern, simply consult the salesforce help desk or find salesforce training resources on that subject.
Benefits of Integration Patterns
The advantages of using integration patters are quite obvious and straightforward. Without these patterns, there would be no integration and this would greatly impact the package’s potential. It is from integration with other databases that Salesforce has strength as it allows synchronization of separately stored data to create a comprehensive report that the sales team can comprehend. The patterns therefore in simple sense facilitate the entire integration process. Secondly, these patterns help prevent several challenges. As aforementioned, they are a set of sequenced steps triggered by given changes to prompt specific procedures.
They contain specific instructions and criteria thus preventing mix-up of data and distorted reporting. They also ensure databases are synchronized and related accurately alerting users anytime there is an error or wrong input. These patterns also help in automation and efficiency. Since they are hard steps and sequences that must be followed in a specific way, they will result in the effect needed.
What’s more, they can be set to trigger a given set of activities when certain changes occur or when specific information is added to the database. For instance, the batch patterns can trigger routine updates when it is expected that such updates are required. Lastly, these integration patterns help users to optimize the use of both systems (Salesforce and the other custom application or database). Through seamless integration, you can enjoy the benefits of both salesforce and whatever application you are sharing data with.
It is important to understand the basic salesforce integrations and patterns used to achieve those relationships and synchronization. For large establishments that use many other CRM tools, custom applications and external databases, this is inevitable. Even small businesses require a few skills on integration patterns. You can always take a course on the subject to learn more and understand the common business scenarios. It should not be a difficult process as salesforce offers a simple package where most activities are achieved without writing any codes.