Using Salesforce tasks step by step correctly can significantly boost your efficiency and save you a lot of costs that are incurred as a result of repetitive time consuming manual procedures. Task performance is a very important aspect of any business. The ability to create, assign and automate a certain task to a specific person or entity is every business’s delight.
In salesforce, task represents the “to do” activities for example “I need to send/submit this quote to this customer on this day/at this time”. This type of task schedules what is to be done, when and to who/what. Task may also mean events that have already occurred like reports, phone calls and logs among others. Task can therefore be one time or recurrent and can be assigned to one user or multiple users. Task is related to other records under salesforce like opportunities.
Using Salesforce Tasks
Using Salesforce tasks is simple, but step by step procedures should be followed correctly in order to achieve effective use and realize maximum benefits from this feature. After installation, the next procedure is to begin creating tasks.
To create a new task:
1. Go to the Home tab and select My Tasks and then New. You are given an option to select the record type of the task.
2. Input the task details. There are numerous task details which should all be understood differently. The details include include the following:
- Assigned to – This is the owner to whom the task is assigned. By salesforce default, the task is assigned to the creator. To change this, input the username of the person or use the look up icon to select user. This is however only for the multiple users since the user is already identified for personal edition.
- Subject – This simply refers to the subject of the task for example “send one/a quote to customer”. This can be keyed in or selected from a list of previously input subjects.
- Due date – This is the date when the task is due. You can key in the date or select one from the calendar that appears every time the cursor touches the field.
- Related to – This refers to the event that the task is related to for example opportunity. This feature is only active when you relate a task to a contact and remains disabled for leads.
- Name – This refers to the contact or lead to which the task is related. The name can be keyed in. if you have shared activities; one task can be related to up to 50 different contacts. To select multiple users, type name in the Select Contact dialog box and prompt find. To select a primary contact, use the Make Primary button then click on “Done”. If the Spelling Check is enabled, select Check Spelling to verify Comments. Spelling Check is however limited to some languages.
- Comments – this is a simple description of the task.
Only the assigned to and subject are compulsory to key in. The rest are optional.
3. Click on Attach files on the Attachments related list to attach files. For any recurring task, the attachment will be added to the series of tasks. Attachments to any activity are displayed on the activity detail page.
4. Specify the priority and status of the task created.
5. Ensure you check the Send Notification Email checkbox to perform the task which is sending a notification. To save this status for the selected person, click Make this the Default setting.
If you have Shared Activities, you can create recurring tasks as follows:
a. Check the Create Recurring Series of Task checkbox. Since recurring tasks happen on different dates, the due date becomes automatically disabled after that check.
b. Select the frequency of recurrence. There are limits to the number of occurrences allowed depending on the chosen series as follows:
Daily – up to 100 times
Weekly – up to 53 times
Monthly – up to 60
Yearly – up to 10 times
c. Set the start and end dates. After keying the start date, you can choose to click the Calculate max end date to let the feature automatically get the maximum end date allowed according to your frequencies.
6. You can choose to set a reminder on the task created. If it was a recurring task, the reminder will be applied to each occurrence in the series.
7. The last step is to save. The options available are Save, Save & New Task as well as Save & New Event. Your task has been effectively created. Using Salesforce tasks step by step correctly will help you prevent providing wrong instructions and prompting wrong tasks.
If your new task was related to a lead, account or custom object, it will appear on the feed for the given record. This creates task is the basic step in using salesforce task step by step correctly. Once this is done, other activities like editing and reporting become easy with the latter being automated. It is also important to understand field descriptions, types and properties.
Advantages of Salesforce Tasks
Apart from creating numerous tasks, assigning and automating them, using salesforce task step by step correctly allows one to perform many other operations that amount to efficiency.
Salesforce tasks allows one to find, sort and filter tasks to ease the search of specific tasks. It reduces the lengthy and time consuming data entry process by providing a solution with mass creating, mass editing and mass deleting. Salesforce task allows for report generation and reminders, thus improving work credibility. In general, purposeful and effective understanding and use this feature leads to efficiency and all the benefits that come with it. The advantages range from reduced work labor and automation to customization and customer relationship breakthroughs.
Salesforce task allows one to create, assign, automate and maintain tasks, thereby significantly reducing the workload. Any business that wants to customize their operations and improve service delivery must certainly consider this software feature. The ability to set reminders for future events and prompt activities on specified dates and times is its main advantage. Using salesforce tasks step by step correctly is therefore very important in order to enjoy the benefits of this automation software. Read more information regarding how to customize salesforce.