The Salesforce email to case functionality allows you to manage incoming and outgoing emails stemming from clients who require support from your business employees. The functionality automates the cases that arise from each inquiry to ensure that the right agent addresses the problem as quickly as possible.
Salesforce Email to Case
1. Download email to case agent
You need to download email to case agent before you can use the functionality. By doing so, you will be able to accept any email queries which are more than 10mb in size from your clients. You will also ensure that any email traffic will stay within the boundaries of your network firewall.
2. Install the agent
The email to case agent should then be installed behind the firewall your network utilizes.
3. Setting up major rules
You should then set up the Salesforce email to case functionality. You should use the Setup>customize>cases>email to case to activate the functionality first. Once you do that, you need to configure the email to case settings.
A number of things are involved in the setting up process. They are outlined below.
You need to customize fields to ensure that each case can be tracked via specific information.
- The case page layouts also need customizing. This will predetermine which case fields should be displayed, which ones your users require, and which one should only be read
- You also need to create your own email templates, which will be used by your agents when they need to communicate with your clients. These templates could bear your brand if you like. They can also include merge fields that will allow information from the original message to be displayed in the agent’s replies
- You also need to determine the rules of assignment. That way, each case will be routed to the right agent automatically
- Auto response messages can also be set up at this stage. This will provide a client with a response immediately after they have sent a query, so that they know that it has been received
- As the case escalates, your Salesforce system should keep track of the issue. That is why you should set up rules for case escalations
- You should also design a form, which will be used by your customers to submit their cases via your website
- You need to set up case capture based on client emails. This will ensure that any inbound email generates a case automatically
- A case-sharing model should be set up to allow the right amount of access to cases by your clients
- An email to case thread ID is also important. By setting this option up, you ensure that a new reply by a client goes to the already existing case instead of an old one thus reducing redundancy. You can set up this ID so that it appears in both the email body and the subject
- By allowing the notify case owners on new emails option, the agents handling multiple cases will be able to know when one of their clients has sent in another reply.
4. Setting up routing addresses
You can create a routing address through which your company’s support email address can be forwarded. By configuring these routing addresses, you will be able to predetermine how Salesforce email to case handles your clients’ emails.
If you have many support addresses in your organization, then you can create just as many routing addresses.
When you are configuring routing addresses, you will have to do a number of things. The first thing you should do is to assign a routing name. You can then set up the email address. This will ensure that once an email comes in to this new address, a case is generated automatically. This email address is what will be linked to your site for support purposes. If the email address of the source matches what is already within the Salesforce Contact one, the new case will be matched to that account.
You can also save email headers. This will provide routing information. If you limit the settings for “accept emails from” then you will only receive queries from the preferred emails and domains.
You can also create tasks from emails in order to assign tasks to case owners automatically once a case is generated. You can subsequently set up the status option in order to keep up with task statuses.
When setting up routing addresses using the email to case function, you can assign a case owner in queue form or using the individual one. You can also set up case priority to prioritize emails coming from specific routing addresses.
5. Test email routing addresses
Once you have set up the email routing addresses, you need to test them in order to see if the work as they should. You will have to send emails manually repeatedly in order to see what happens. If all your settings are correct, the emails should generate different cases based on the routing addresses that you used. If things do not work correctly, you need to go back and reconfigure email routing addresses.
6. Link email address to support page
During the setting up of routing addresses, you were supposed to assign a routing name then set up an email address. You will now link that address to your site’s support page. It is done at this stage because the testing is over which means that everything works properly. This email address is what your clients will use whenever they have queries which need to be submitted to your support agents.
7. Connect Case page layout to emails related list
You should connect the Cases page layout to the emails related list. Once you do this, you will be able to use the email to case functionality to view the email thread within the generated cases. This then allows you to keep up with the progress of any case.
Additional Relevant information is available on how to customize salesforce page.
Customer care services that you provide to your clients can make or break your business. How you handle their problems will determine how the clients feel about your brand, which means that you should take every care to satisfy them. By managing all the cases generated through emails, you will ensure that you achieve this goal because you will be organized. That makes the Salesforce email to case functionality a great tool for your business organization. Further information is available on email templates salesforce page.