While for us Salesforce fanatics, the waiting each year feels like an eternity, the top Salesforce conference of the year is here. From Monday through Thursday this week, the #1 CRM solution will be the talk of the tech world, as the 2014 Dreamforce conference, taking place once again in San Francisco, has arrived.
Last week, I wrote about some of the keynote speakers, who include Salesforce.com Chairman & CEO Marc Benioff, Hilary Rodham Clinton, Neil Young, Al Gore and self-help author and motivational speaker Tony Robbins. There will also be of course much-anticipated performances this week from Bruno Mars and Cake.
But I’d like to focus for a moment not on the main events, but on some of the sessions that I’m really excited about. They of course have a general focus on some of the topics we focus on in this blog.The best Salesforce training, onboarding, adoption, productivity and performance. I’m sharing these sessions with you because I think they are going to be really informative and can shed some new insight into getting the most out of Salesforce.com.
Here are 10 some not-to-be-missed sessions at Dreamforce, with the description (from the Dreamforce 2014 website) below the title. See you there!
- Drive Salesforce Adoption and Customer Engagement with Just In Time Reporting (Wednesday, 3:00 PM – 3:40 PM, San Francisco Marriott Marquis – Yerba Buena – Salons 10, 11, 12)
Changing a sales team’s routine is often met with resistance. By demonstrating concrete value that your users can achieve, adoption will thrive. Join us as David Heard, President of Network Enablement at JDSU, and FirstRain CEO Penny Herscher share how a global sales team is using an embedded, personal business analytics solution from FirstRain to drive CRM ROI and empower their reps to be more engaged and productive.
- Reimagining the Future of Learning @ Work (Wednesday, 9:00 AM – 9:40 AM, Century Theaters, Westfield Mall – Theater 8)
This is a call to action: It’s time to serve and delight today’s learners. Most education technology simply scales an old, antiquated way of learning and neglects what learners really want – to have fun, learn something new, be challenged, and to dream “what’s next?”. Join us to learn how an optimal user-centric design can inspire your employees, customers, and partners to grow and succeed. Whether the talent you develop is internal to your organization or part of your customer community, you can learn an approach to taking a vision of innovation, transforming it from ideas into business results.
- How Salesforce.com Drives Sales Productivity (2 sessions – Tuesday, 8:30 AM – 9:10 AM, San Francisco Marriott Marquis, Golden Gate A AND Wednesday, 3:30 PM – 4:10 PM, San Francisco Marriott Marquis – Yerba Buena – Salons 13, 14, 15)
The secret is out! Join us to learn how we define and execute sales productivity programs inside salesforce.com, around the world! Hear about our use of the latest technology for on-boarding and training, sales processes, and communication tactics. All powered by our own Salesforce products!
- Accelerating Innovation and Mitigating Risks for Mission Critical Applications (Wednesday, 2:00 PM – 2:40 PM, Century Theaters, Westfield Mall, Theater 4)
More enterprise customers are running mission-critical applications on the Salesforce Platform everyday, leading to unique operational needs. Join Cisco and Intuit and learn best practices for running mission-critical applications on Salesforce. We’ll explore how to manage change, quality, and performance of mission critical systems as business strategies continue to shift. You will also be introduced to Mission Critical Success; Salesforce’s highest end support offering focused on preventative support.
- Best Kept Secrets of Large Enterprise Deployments (Monday, 11:30 AM – 12:10 PM, InterContinental San Francisco – Grand Ballroom C)
Where do you start when considering a large, global deployment? Getting the success formula correct is tough when you consider governance structures, mobile strategies, training, system security and access, etc. Join us to hear the best kept deployment secrets from the customers and implementation experts who have delivered Salesforce functionality to over 75,000 users in every part of the world.
- Boost Sales with the World’s Leading Sales Performance Solution (2 Sessions – Tuesday, 4:00 PM – 4:40 PM, San Francisco Marriott Marquis, Nob Hill A,B,C,D AND Wednesday, 2:00 PM – 2:40 PM, San Francisco Marriott Marquis, Golden Gate A)
Work.com is revolutionizing the way sales organizations onboard sales reps faster, coach them to close more deals, and decrease attrition. Join Jager McConnell, VP of Product Management at salesforce.com, as he takes you through a tour of Work.com built entirely on the Salesforce Platform.
- Cross the Finish Line: An Ironman Strategy for Driving Adoption Through Training (Tuesday, 11:00 AM – 11:40 AM, Hilton San Francisco Union Square, Grand Ballroom A)
Planning your adoption strategy is like preparing for the Ironman – it’s all about making the smart decisions that lead to success. You don’t have to make those decisions alone. Join Wayne McCulloch, SVP Salesforce University, as he discusses how you can enable your team to drive success for your organization even faster with the right coaching.
- Getting Started: Unlock the Value of Training (Monday, 4:00 PM – 4:20 PM, Hilton San Francisco Union Square – Yosemite Ballroom: Success Hub)
Learn how Salesforce University developed our own customizations to track all aspects of training programs within Salesforce. We’ll pull back the covers and show you how we manage all of our content material, instructors, partners, curriculum developers, certifications, and community.
- Onboarding: Inspire, Motivate, and Engage in the First 90 Days (Wednesday, 2:00 PM – 2:40 PM, Century Theaters, Westfield Mall, Theater 5)
Salesforce University inspires, motivates, and engages employees in the first 90 days. Join us to learn the top five tips to running a successful and scalable onboarding experience for your own new hires as we moved from 4,000 to 13,000 employees in less than four years.
10. How to Train New Team Members on Salesforce Fast and Make Training Stick (Monday, 1:30 PM – 1:50 PM, Cloud Expo – Partner Theater West, Plaza A)
Any Sales Operation Manager will tell you that one of the most challenging responsibilities is quickly training new team members to use Salesforce correctly, and assure training is not forgotten immediately after it’s over. Join us as we demonstrate how to rapidly onboard users, and leave a lasting impact on performance.