- Address – The address field data is filled in a compound data type.
- AnyType – Depending upon the kind of field involved, the AnyType field contains email data, url, datetime, date, percent, ID, double, int, currency, Boolean, reference, picklist and string.
- Calculated – When a field is defined by a formula it is known as calculated.
- Combobox – A combobox allows the user to specify a value not in the list and it includes a set of enumerated values.
- Currency – As the name suggests the currency Salesforce Field Types contain the values of currency.
- DataCategoryGroupReference – This field contains references to a data category group or a unique name of a category.
- Email – Email addresses are contained in the email field.
- Encryptedstring – The letters, numbers and symbols are combined and stored in encrypted form in the encrypted text fields. The maximum length of the encryption is set at 175 characters beyond which a person cannot include any more characters. This field is available only in versions 11.0 and later of Salesforce application.
- ID – The object is primarily stored in ID field type.
- Location – This field contains a compound type of data which is the longitude and latitude values of a geographical location.
- Masterrecord – When the user merges the record, the other records are deleted and the new ID of a record is saved in this field.
- Multipicklist – A set of enumerated values from which multiple values can be selected is included in multi select picklists.
- Percent – The percent field is filled with the values of percentage.
- Phone – This field contains phone numbers. Basically, it contains numerical but it may also contain alphabetic characters. The responsibility of phone number formatting is based upon client applications.
- Picklist – One can select values of picklists from a set of enumerated values in this Salesforce Field Types.
- Reference – This field is used for cross referencing a different type of object. In Structured Query Language (SQL) it is analogous to a foreign key field.
- Textarea – A string of multiline text field is displayed in this type of field.
- URL – The values of Uniform Resource Locator (URL) is entered into this field. These hyperlinks are commonly displayed in this field by client applications.
Salesforce Field Types Guide – Everything You Should Know
In order to use the Salesforce CRM application correctly you should know all about the Salesforce Field Types. I’ve broken down a comprehensive list of Salesforce Field Types and what each field contains.