Mass Delete Salesforce refers to a feature in Salesforce that allows you to delete multiple items (leads, products, accounts, contacts, cases, solutions, activities etc.) all at once.
As an administrator, one may end up creating several tasks, incidents or problems in the unlimited cloud space. This may slow down operations like loading and greatly affect the efficiency of your business. The only option is to delete items which are not of any use and are likely not to be used again to allow the computer to run smoothly.
The mass delete feature can help clear these data together as opposed to one by one which is often time consuming and boring. It is a custom button that gets added to the list view once installed. It is an app from salesforce to help manage files and tasks at significantly reduced times deleting up to 250 items at once.
Installing Mass Delete Salesforce
Mass delete feature is only available in standard versions and can therefore only operate with its declared salesforce interface. It is advisable to install mass delete on a sandbox to test it first before fully using it on your environment of production.
To locate and install the mass delete, use the following steps.
1. In Salesforce, navigate to Setup then App Setup. Go to App Exchange Marketplace.
2. In the salesforce search box, type Mass Delete. The results will comprise many options. Chose the one from salesforce labs. Click on get it, then input your administrator username and password.
3. The next stage is to choose install. Two available options are for sandbox or production. These instructions are for production area installation. Remember to check the terms and conditions box in agreement and install.
4. You will be required to input your administrator details once more. Click “continue” on the package installation details and “next” on step 1. Select install.
5. Installation will complete in a short while and a button provided. You can then navigate to Setup, then App Setup, then Customize then Leads, then Buttons and Links.
6. Click on “Custom Buttons and Links”, then go to “Edit next” to Mass Delete.
7. Copy the whole script in the in the script builder section.
8. Go to “Setup” then “App Setup” then “Create” then “Objects”. Click on “Incident”.
9. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Custom Buttons and Links.
10. Click New. Create a Label for your button and hit tab. The name field will be automatically added as well.
12. Paste the code copied in 7 above on the script field. Select Check Syntax and then Save. A message will appear stating the time when the button will be displayed. Select OK and continue.
13. Select “Back to Custom Object: Incident” then scroll down and select the “Search Layouts”. Click on Edit next to” Incidents List View”.
14. Under Available Buttons, chose Mass Delete and move to “Selected Buttons”.
15. Save. You can now go to the next stage of using your mass delete salesforce app.
How to Mass Delete
Follow these steps to mass delete any list in your production area.
1. Go to Setup, select “Data Management” then “Mass Delete Records”.
2. Select the list for records to be deleted and review other information that will be deleted together with the selected listing. The options include; Mass Delete Contacts, Mass Delete Leads, Mass Delete Accounts Mass Delete Cases, and Mass Delete Activities etc.
3. Provide the condition (criteria) that matches items to be deleted for example; State equals “X” where X is the match for items to delete. Or, State is Not Equal “X” to delete all where X does not exist. Salesforce will display 250 items that meets the set criteria at a time.
4. Check the boxes for items to be deleted and select delete. If you want to delete all, check the box “Delete All” then and click on delete. This process can be repeated for any other listing you may want to delete.
There are many advantages to using mass delete salesforce app or feature. The most obvious one is the ability to erase multiple listings at a go, which in consequential has following benefits;
Saving time – Deleting items one by one consumes a lot of time that the administrator could use doing other things. The search option and match criteria also reduce the time spent in searching for items to be deleted. Some businesses can have up to thousands of items which sorting through will require hours.
Saves internet bundle consumption –Although most companies subscribe to unlimited internet use for monthly or annual fees, those who use a given share can save greatly reduce their consumption using the mass delete salesforce app.
Archiving – The feature allows the admin to retain items on an archive when deleting to avoid permanent deletion of listings that could be needed later. To archive, select the option “Archive products on opportunities”.
Retrieval –Mass delete salesforce app allows one to retrieve deleted items by keeping them in the recycle bin. However if the “Permanently Delete Items” is selected, there is no recovering deleted item.
The mass delete salesforce can only delete up to 254 items at once. While this is a big difference as compared to one-by-one deletion, the capacity is not sufficient. Some businesses may want to delete up to 2500 or 3000 items meaning they would be subjected to going through the same process more than a hundred times. Users suggest that the app should be improved to be able to delete a higher number of items for efficiency. Under normal working environments, this capacity will do just fine and will still be able to benefit you.
Cloud computing has taken online business to a whole different level and the content withheld in the internet is subject to continuous updating and change. Mass deletion is one way to achieve efficiency in maintaining business content. The mass delete salesforce app is definitely one feature that every online business should have as they wait for improvements and other versions that will integrate more automation.