The Salesforce workflow rule helps your business to operate in a better and efficient manner with the help of automated business processes and standardized internal procedures. It consists of the tasks that you usually assign to our employees, the emails that you send everyday and the updates that you do to the records are an essential part of the standard processes of an organization.
This is the best way of avoid the manual work that you do as these works can be done automatically when you configure workflow. Thus you have to start with the design of the workflow rules along with associating these rules with different actions like outbound messages, field updates, tasks and email alerts.
This workflow rule is an excellent way in which you can automate the different business processes. You can create different rules that are based on certain criteria set by you. Thus you can create lead scoring and robust rules as you can easily separate qualified leads without the need of much manual task. Thus for applying a rule you have to select new workflow rules and you need to select objects in which you want the rules to apply.
Salesforce Will Evaluate the Rule When Records Are:
- Created and each time it is edited
- Created and each time it is edited for meeting the criteria subsequently.
The Different Workflow Rule Consists of:
- Taking immediate action when the workflow rule is executed in an organization. If a high value opportunity is found or created, Salesforce sends an email automatically to the opportunity team for notifying the high value opportunity.
- Determining the criteria that determines the time when the workflow rule is executed by Salesforce. If any change has taken place for matching these criteria to the record, it can trigger workflow rules even if the change has taken place in the hidden fields.
- Knowing the time dependant actions that are queued by Salesforce when workflow rule is executed. An email reminder is automatically sent to the account team if a high value opportunity is open even ten days prior to the specified close date. If the Salesforce riggers the workflow rule that includes time dependant actions, you can even use workflow queue for monitoring or canceling pending actions.
Salesforce Workflow Rules Automates These Types of Actions:
- Outbound messages: you can send a configurable secure API message in the XML format to the designated listener. You can initiate the reimbursement process automatically for approved expense report with the trigger on outbound API message to external HR system.
- Flow triggers: you can launch trigger ready flow as these are available through pilot program along with flow trigger workflow actions. You can easily enable this feature in your organization with the Salesforce application.
- Filed updates: you can update the value of any field on the record. It means you change owner field on three days contract before it expires.
- Email alerts: you can send mails to one or more than one recipients. You can send email alerts to sales management automatically when any sales representatives qualify for any large deal with the help of Salesforce workflow rule.